NY State AG said “NY undercounted nursing home coronavirus deaths by as much as 50%.
As of Jan. 28, 70% of the nearly 35,000 COVID deaths in New York were people aged 70 and older, according to state data.
The report holds New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s feet to the fire for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in the early months of 2020, after he directed nursing homes in the Empire State to accept patients who had or were suspected of having COVID-19. The decision created an onslaught of COVID-19 cases that infected thousands of elderly patients and resulted in hundreds of deaths.
NY state Department of Health reported that as of Jan. 27, 2021 there were 5,957 confirmed deaths due to the coronavirus in nursing homes and an additional 2,783 presumed deaths.
The report revealed the findings of an investigation into allegations of patient neglect and other “concerning conduct” that jeopardized the health and safety of both patients and employees, some facilities failed to comply with health protocols to stop the spread of the virus.
Trump administration said it had identified $15 billion to reach a total of 738 miles (1,181 kilometers), but it is unclear how many of those additional miles are under contract and what cancellation fees Biden would face to fulfill his pledge to not build another foot.
There are costs incurred before construction starts, such as planning costs, land acquisitions and manufacturing expenses and pre-positioning equipment. If contracts are terminated, there may also be the need to pay costs associated with clean up, demobilization and potentially restoration of land for safety and environmental reasons.
The government has a long standing authority to terminate contracts, but doing so comes at a cost, according to contracting experts. “The contractors will expect favorable settlements.
Several experts said “president Biden’s directive pausing border wall construction is probably illegal, he (Biden) has the power to cancel Defense Department money that was being funneled toward the project, but he went too far by halting construction paid for by money Congress had specifically approved for the wall.
Mark Morgan, who was acting commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told The Washington Times in an exclusive interview that as of Jan. 20 they were still spending money Congress had approved three years ago on wall construction, and a president is required to carry that out.
A couple in California needed a helping hand after their GPS led them onto a snow-covered mountain road where they ended up stranded on Saturday, authorities said.
Oleg Donskov called 911 after he and his wife had already been stuck in the snow for several hours on Forest Highway 7.
Rescuers said a team reached the area on four-wheel-drive Jeeps and located the couple about 30 minutes past where the road ended on a non-maintained part of the highway that was covered in almost two feet of snow.
These people are to stupid to use a map.
To stupid not to attempt to drive on a mountain road covered with 2 feet of snow.
Donskov is to stupid to have spare water, blankets and food in their car while undertaking a 3,000 mile drive from California to North Carolina.
The Donskov’s should not be allowed to breed and pollute the human gene pool.
President Biden increases COVID-19 vaccination shot goal to 1.5 million a day
If Biden administration can succeed in reaching this goal, it will take 230 days to vaccinate all American citizens.
Guess what Americans think is most important.
TV re-runs or Biden’s inauguration.
Gilligan’s Island re-runs draws more viewers than Joe Biden’s inauguration.
* Biden orders an “immediate termination” of funding for the border wall construction.
* Biden revoking Trump’s order that directed aggressive immigration law enforcement.
* Biden orders reinstating Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
* Biden ends Trump’s unvetted Muslim ban.
* Biden will sign an executive order to revoke the Trump administration’s plan to exclude non-citizens from the census and apportionment of congressional representatives.
* Biden will sign a memo to extend the Deferred Enforced Departure designation for Liberians who have been in the U.S. for many years to June 30, 2022.
* Biden to re-engage with the Anti-American World Health Organization.
* Biden will rejoin the Anti-American Paris Climate Accord.
* Biden will sign an executive order that will roll back Trump’s environmental actions.
* Biden revokes Trump’s presidential permit granted to the Keystone XL Pipeline.
* Biden will sign executive order address’s our climate change and will reverse more than 100 of President Trump’s administration’s policies.
* Biden, orders 100-day facial masking and will sign an executive order requiring masks and physical distancing in all federal buildings, on all federal land and by federal employees and contractors.
* Biden also extend the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums for those effected by the housing affordability brought on by the pandemic through March 31, 2021.
* Biden to ask the Department of Education to consider “immediately extending” the pause on interest and principal payments of federal student loans until Sept. 30, 2021.
* Biden supports Congress acting immediately to cancel $10,000 in student loan debt per person.
* Biden will sign an executive order that prohibits workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity, direct agencies to take all lawful steps to make sure that federal anti-discrimination statutes prohibit discrimination. Establishes new definition based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and protecting the rights of homosexuals.
* Biden – Harris administration said “in the coming days and weeks, Biden will be “announcing additional executive actions that include revoking the ban on military service by transgender Americans, and reversing the Mexico City policy.”
–The Mexico City policy forbids the use of taxpayer dollars to fund abortions in foreign countries.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y tweets ‘Abolish ICE’.
Ocasio-Cortez has called for dismantling the agency for years, even in moments when her Democratic colleagues appeared to back away from the idea.
Alveda King said “congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ought to take a page out of Martin Luther King Jr.’s book.”
The suggestion came in response to Ocasio-Cortez’s comments during a virtual town hall last week in which she referred to President Donald Trump as the “poison of White supremacy.”
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an Ignorant Socialist democrat. She must be arrested, stripped of her citizenship and deported to Communist, Socialist loving Cuba.
Couric said “The question is how are we going to deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump.”
Her language mirrored that of liberal Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson.
Robinson said “there are millions of Americans, almost all White, almost all Republicans, who need to be deprogrammed,” calling them members of a “Trumpist cult.”
Dan Bongino took issue with “activists for the left,” like CNN host Brian Stelter, deciding what speech should be allowed.
“They want to silence everyone,” Bongino said, questioning how far Big Tech and the left will go in targeting opposing viewpoints.
“What happens when you send out an email questioning, say, climate change and all of a sudden Gmail says, nah, we’re not deliver your email anymore.